(June 5-8, 2010)
Here are some ways you can support us:
- Offer a donation Visit Cornell's gift site. Select College of Engineering and Other for the Designation. Finally add Cornell MineSweeper to Other designation or special instructions field.
Develop solutions that aid the de-mining process while exercising excellent engineering practice.
More specifically we aim to
- Develop a humanitarian low-cost landmine detection robot
- Design the robot such that it is competitively independent (i.e. regarding platform and sensors)
- Minimize detection faults by at least 50%
Code of Ethics
We, the members of the Cornell MineSweeper, in recognition of the importance of our efforts, and in accepting a personal obligation to our objective, its members and the world we serve, do hereby commit ourselves to the highest ethical and professional conduct and agree:
- To be a non profit organization with the sole intent of creating humanitarian applica-tions of technology;
- To accept responsibility in making decisions consistent with the safety, health and wel-fare of the public, and to disclose promptly factors that might endanger the public or the environment;
- To avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest whenever possible, and to disclose them to affected parties when they do exist;
- To be honest and realistic in stating claims or estimates based on available data;
- To reject bribery in all its forms;
- To improve the understanding of technology, its appropriate application, and potential consequences;
- To maintain and improve our technical competence and to undertake technological tasks for others only if qualified by training or experience, or after full disclosure of pertinent limitations;
- To seek, accept, and offer honest criticism of technical work, to acknowledge and cor-rect errors, and to credit properly the contributions of others;
- To treat fairly all persons regardless of such factors as race, religion, gender, disability, age, or national origin;
- To avoid injuring others, their property, reputation, or employment by false or mali-cious action;
- To assist colleagues and co-workers in their professional development and to support them in following this code of ethics.
Approved by team leaders of Cornell Mine Sweeper 2008.